Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

#DIY Recycled Kaleidoscope - Kids Craft


#DIY #Recycled Kaleidoscope - Quick, Simple and tons of Fun!

-- Continue below for Step-By-Step Directions --
During the last couple weeks of May, I started search for great bloggers to Guest Post on my blog. I was able to be a guest for the first time a few months ago, on a really neat blog called You Brew My Tea. I enjoyed being able to share my ideas and -in my case- A fun Spring Kids Activity (Homemade Chalk Paint). I received a wonderful amount of traffic from the guest post and was super thrilled! I was extremely happy with the outcome and wanted to let other bloggers share their idea's with my readers too. -- I was able to find lots wonderful bloggers who are each different in their own little way and I believe they will bring us all kinds of wonderful tips and ideas. Make sure you show them some blog love and let them know that Autumn from My Kind Of Introduction sent ya!! Don't forget to comment below as well to let us know how you liked the post! I love hearing feed back and I'm sure the other bloggers do too!! I'm thinking about making this a continuous ordeal where anyone can send in a guest post and I'll even start trading posts!! If your interested comment below of email me your idea and/or post (as long as it's Family Oriented) to AutoFaerie@gmail.com
I'll have a page set up soon!

If you have ever been featured on this blog, My Kind Of Introduction, through Guest Posts, Blog Round-Ups or in any other way -- Feel free to grab the "I was featured on..." button below. You can post it anywhere you like. Leave a link to the page you posted the button on, if you chose to use it... I would love to see and I may just grab your button and add it to my Awesome Blogs Page!!! :-)
Ohhh and CONGRATULATIONS!!
I loved you soo much that I blogged about you!!

and then, she {snapped}
Welcome to our 4th Guest Post, here at My Kind Of Introduction!

Throughout the month of June, I've had the pleasure of working with some really great bloggers, not to mention that our 1st guest was one of you... a fan of My Kind Of Introduction!! So far, 3 guest articles have been shared since I began my search near the end of May and I couldn't be happier with the wonderful content that these ladies have created! I hope your enjoying the Guest Articles/Posts as much as I am!
I have to admit that, I truly believe the Guest Post idea was one of the best blog decisions that I've made so far this year and I'm just getting started!! I have an awesome kids craft to share with you this week from Heather at 'Work from Home With Kids'. I'm also working with a couple other ladies who are planning their own Guest Posts to share with you soon!

Today, I'm lucky enough to be able to bring you a nifty little Recycled Craft that I'm sure any child would love.
Heather from Work from Home With Kids has created a simple DIY Kaleidoscope and is willing to share her creation with all of you!
  

-- DIY Recycled Kaleidoscope --

This is a great activity that extends past creation. After the Kaleidoscope(s) have dried, send your kids outside to enjoy the beautiful designs they have made!

Materials:

Pringles container (cleaned with lid)
Knife (Adult supervision required)
Construction paper (Gift wrap would also work well)
Tissue paper - Different Colors
Scissors
Glue
Decorating materials (ie: stickers, markers, stamps, etc)

Use the simple directions below to create your very own Kaleidoscope!
Who doesn't enjoy turning old trash into new treasure?!



Step 1:
Cut off the metal bottom of your Pringles can -- This will be where you look into your kaleidoscope.


Step 2:
Decorate your construction paper!
(You may skip this step if you chose to use leftover pre-printed gift wrap)


Step 3:
Place glue on the back of your decorated paper and roll up the pringles can. Make sure you hold the paper in place so that the paper has a chance to stick.*Be sure that the lid still fits on the pringles can!!*


Step 4:
Cut up your tissue paper into small pieces.
(I did squares, but you can use different shapes too!)


Step 5:
Cover the inside of the lid with glue, and start creating your design using the tissue paper!


Step 6:
That's it....
Snap on your lid and enjoy your beautiful design!
Your Kaleidoscope is complete! All that's left to do is to start playing!!
HAVE FUN and ENJOY your colorful new toy!!



-- Creative Tip --
Collect lids and make a variety of interchangeable designs!


Try different shapes and designs with the tissue paper... Do your designs designs look similar or completely different?

Did you enjoy learning how to create your very own Kaleidoscope with the kids?
Share your thoughts with us below by dropping a comment off below!! We all enjoy good feedback every now and then, don't you agree?
Don't forget to visit 'Work from Home with Kids' via the links below and show Heather some love!

Guest Post Written By -- Heather P
Getting to know the Author -- Visit Heather today!A WAHM of two precious little girls who blogs over at "Work from Home with Kids". Providing work from home ideas, kids activities and yummy meal ideas!

Connect with her via Facebook, Twitter, Sverve, or Pinterest



Pin the photo below, on Pinterest, and share this colorful craft with a friend or two!!
(Don't be a stranger! More Guest Posts are on their way!!)




All original photos belong to the author (Work from Home with Kids) and may have been slightly edited to better fit this blog, My Kind Of Introduction.

2 comments:

  1. Autumn, thank you so much for having me as a guest on your blog. You did a fantastic job and I look forward to working with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! what a great idea for kids. Thanks for linking up at the Pin It Proudly Link Party. I repined this one and I can't wait to see what you have up this week

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...